The management of MG Motor India, strives for excellence in everything we do, recognizes the impact that our activities may have on the people and the environment. Safety, Health and protection of the Environment will form an integral part of our planning and decision making. We will manage our company, wherever we do business, in an ethical way that strikes an appropriate and well-reasoned balance between economic, social and environmental needs.
We are committed to:
- Conduct our business with respect and care for the people and environment.
- Continually improve our safety, health and environmental performance.
- Comply, as a minimum, with all applicable legal and other related requirements.
- Promote dialogue with stakeholders about Safety, Health and Environmental performance.
- Utilize natural resources responsibly.
We shall achieve these by:
- Implementing OHS and Environmental management system.
- Informing and appropriately training all employees, contractors and all interested parties on Safety, Health and Environmental matters.
- Reducing the EHS impact of our products throughout their lifecycle.
- Providing appropriate resources required to implement the above.
- Setting targets and monitoring effectiveness of EHS performance; sharing results in the annual report and considering them for individual, departmental and divisional performance.
- Ensuring that the Environment, Health and Safety policy is reviewed periodically.